Sale of Partnership Business
Partners in a business looking to sell the partnership will probably want to sell it as a going concern.
Your goodwill forms a valuable part of your business. Selling off parts will almost certainly negate any goodwill. However a buyer may not always be easy to find and selling off assets may turn out to be the only option.
Our specialists at Hart Brown will help you through the process focussing on what is important to you and what you want to achieve.
We will help you:
- reply to questions your buyer is going to ask
- explain any restrictions, warranties or indemnities
- help you negotiate
- explain the sale agreement
- help you distribute the sale proceeds after all liabilities have been paid
- help with the valuation of goodwill
At Hart Brown our specialists will make sure you understand what you are committing to when you sell your business and advise you on any employment issues which might arise.