|Legal Aid Cuts – What do they mean for employees?|
|Employee ownership schemes – is it time to change our way of thinking?|
|Dismissed for outsourcing work|
|Flexible parental leave|
An employer can be found to have discriminated on the grounds of sex for a variety of reasons including:
- where one gender is given greater opportunities than another whether during recruitment, training or opportunities for promotion.
- paying different salaries for the same job
- unfair treatment or dismissal as a result of a women taking maternity leave or pregnancy related absence or a man taking paternity leave
- refusing to allow flexi-time or part time work without good reason
- comments of a sexual nature
You could find yourself facing claims for:
- sex discrimination
- equal pay
- personal injury
At Hart Brown we have advised many employers faced with a claim for sex discrimination or sexual harassment and often they are complex and sensitive claims. The amount of compensation that can be awarded is unlimited.