|Losing the plot|
Declaration of Trust
A Declaration of Trust is an agreement between property owners confirming:
- the basis on which they own the property
- their respective shareholding in the property
- when and how the property is to be sold
- right to buy each other’s share
- general financial arrangements including maintenance of the property
- future investment in the property
Often it is entered into by individuals who are unmarried and decide to purchase a property but contribute disproportionate shares towards the purchase price.
At Hart Brown our specialist lawyers will help you cut through the jargon and make the document user-friendly and easily understood. Whereas the concept of entering into such a document can be daunting doing so can save much heartache and dispute over the division of finances at a later stage.