|Losing the plot|
A restrictive covenant restricts how land can be used. It is a promise to do, or not do, something on or to your land. They can include:
- not causing a nuisance to your neighbours
- not using the property for business purposes
- not making any external alterations without the consent of the developer
- maintaining the property in keeping with its surroundings
- restricting development of the land
If you are purchasing a property it is important that you fully understand the effect of any restrictive covenant particularly if you have plans to develop or alter the land.
At Hart Brown our specialists can advise you on any restrictions. If you are buying a property we can advise you on whether you should proceed with the purchase. We can also help you with any dispute about restrictive covenants.