|Crisis? What Crisis?|
|The Never Never|
|Does anyone care anymore?|
|Hart Brown launch Serious Injury Solicitor website|
|Choosing your own lawyer – what are your rights?|
Other Birth Injuries
Even when things go well birth can be a traumatic experience for all concerned. However, when something does goes wrong, parents need to know whether it was genuinely unavoidable or the result of medical negligence. The hospital will sometimes admit that the delivery was not well handled but say that it made no difference to the baby’s condition. We will investigate all of the circumstances surrounding the birth with a view to discovering whether:
- there is a genetic abnormality
- the baby was injured in the womb before the labour even began
- the labour was handled inappropriately e.g. because a caesarean section was not done or was not done quickly enough
- any of the post delivery care was substandard
- subsequent symptoms, signs, x-rays, test results were misinterpreted or ignored
Cases which we have successfully handled include:
- £237,500 damages for a child with Erb’s Palsy.
- £2.3 million damages recovered for a failure to carry out a caesarean section despite signs of foetal distress.
- £1.25 million damages recovered for delay before delivery of a compromised baby by means of a caesarean section.
As well as injuries to the baby there is the question of whether the mother has suffered gynaecological or other injuries as a result of medical negligence. We are also experienced at dealing with those claims.
To speak to a specialist birth injury lawyer who can help you with a birth injury claim or any other type of medical negligence claim contact us today by calling, emailing or filling in our free initial advice form.