1. WHO WE ARE
This website is operated by Vooba (registered in England and Wales, Company number 09009279) on behalf of us, Hart Brown LLP trading as Hart Brown Solicitors, registered in England and Wales under number OC 425835. Our registered office is Resolution House, Riverview, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, GU1 4UX. We are a leading law firm with offices throughout Surrey and for more information see https://www.hartbrown.co.uk/abouthartbrown/.
2. OUR WEBSITE
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website;
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our website;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and services and to help us better understand our users’ requirements; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
5. TYPES OF COOKIES
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies—these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards
- Persistent cookies—these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache
- Strictly necessary cookies—these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided
- Performance cookies—these cookies collect information about how you use our website, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works
- Functionality cookies—these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites
- Targeting cookies—also known as advertising cookies, these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on our website and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
6. THE COOKIES WE USE
The table below provides more information about some of the cookies we use and why:
The cookies we use and what they do:
NID: This cookie is used to create a profile based on user’s interests and displays personalised ads to the user.
Yandexuid, _ym_d &_ym_uid: Used by Yandex Metrica to follow a user’s journey around the site.
_gid: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information about how visitors use the website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected includes the number visitors, where they have come from and the pages visited in an anonymous form.
gwcc: This cookie is set by Google Website Call Conversion. The cookie is used to track any call conversions on mobile devices.
MoneypennyVisit, MoneypennyUserAlias & MoneypennyHistory: These cookies are used by MoneyPenny to enable our Live Chat facility.
_ga: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and it assigns a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
__cfduid: This cookie is set by CloudFare. The cookie is used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.
_gat_gtag_UA_18056483_1: Google uses this cookie to distinguish users.
JSESSIONID: Used by sites written in JSP. These are general purpose platform session cookies that are used to maintain a user’s state across page requests
You should also be aware that a number of third parties, for example, WordPress, Review Solicitors, Yandex, Moneypenny, Google Ads and Google Analytics all store their own cookies. There may also be a number of plugins active on our website that also store their own cookies.
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested.
8. HOW TO TURN OFF COOKIES
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to Resolution House, Riverview, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford GU1 4UX or call 01483 887766.
10. DO YOU NEED EXTRA HELP?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy was published on 13/12/19.
We may change this policy from time to time, the latest copy will always be published on our website.